What Laws and Rules You Are Responsible For Following
You promise to comply with this Agreement and any laws or regulations applicable to you
- You promise not to use the Site or the Services for any purpose that is prohibited by this Agreement.
- You are responsible for all of your activity in connection with the Site and the Services.
- You shall abide by all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations and, if you represent a business, any advertising, marketing, privacy, or other self-regulatory code(s) applicable to you.
You agree to comply with Edamam’s conduct policies when using the Site or Services
- We do our best to keep the Site and the Services safe and operational, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to do that, which includes the following commitments:
- You will not modify, adapt, appropriate, reproduce, distribute, translate, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display, republish, repurpose, sell, trade, or in any way exploit the Services or Site except as expressly authorized by Edamam;
- You will not take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by Edamam in its sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Edamam’s (or its third party providers') infrastructure;
- You will not decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Services, except to the limited extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction;
- You will not interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site and Services or any activities conducted on the Site and Services;
- You will not bypass any measures Edamam may use to prevent or restrict access to the Site and Services (or other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Site and Services);
- You will not run any form of auto-responder or "spam" on the Site and Services;
- You will not use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to "crawl" or "spider" any page of the Site;
- You will not harvest or scrape any content or materials from the Site and Services;
- You will not copy, rent, lease, distribute, or otherwise transfer any of the rights that you receive hereunder;
- You will not threaten, intimidate or harass another user;
- You will not solicit passwords or personally identifying information (this includes, but is not limited to, someone else’s name, birth date, home address, IP address, social security number, or credit card number) for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- You will not upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- You will not upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available any content (such as a picture on a profile page) other than those of a personal nature that: (i) are of you or your friends, (ii) are taken by you or your friends, or (iii) are original content created by you or your friends;
- You will not otherwise take any action in violation of Edamam’s guidelines and policies.
You use the Edamam Site and Services at your own risk
- Edamam has no obligation to review any content or material, including computer software, posted to or through the Site and the Services, and cannot therefore be responsible for such material or content.
- By operating the Site and the Services, Edamam does not represent or imply that it endorses any content or material posted there, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful.
- You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content.
- The Site or the Services may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors.
- The Site or the Services may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated.
- Edamam disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Site or the Services, or from viewing or downloading by those visitors of content posted on the Site or the Services.
You are responsible for your own conduct
- You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users.
- Edamam shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or relating to the conduct of you or anyone else in connection with the use of the Services, including without limitation, bodily injury, emotional distress, and/or any other damages resulting from communications or meetings with other users or members of the Site or Services, or persons you meet through the Site or Services.
Edamam is not responsible for what happens outside of the Site and Services, including on websites the Site or Services link to or advertise
- Edamam or its business partners may present advertisements or promotional materials via the Services.
- Your dealings with, or participation in promotions of any third-party advertisers via the Services are solely between you and such third party and your participation is subject to the terms and conditions associated with that advertisement or promotion.
- You agree that Edamam is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such third parties via the Services.
- You understand the Site and the Services may contain (or you may receive from Edamam, third parties or users) links to other web sites (“Third Party Sites”) or content posted, owned or originating from third parties such as, by way of example only, pictures, designs, photographs, graphics, text, sound, recipes, video, information, software, applications and any other content (“Third Party Content”).
- You understand and agree that Edamam is not responsible for, and does not control, Third Party Sites and Third Party Content. You also understand and agree that Edamam is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such Third Party Sites and Third Party Content.
- You acknowledge and agree that Edamam shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of, or reliance upon, any such content, goods or services available on or through any such Third Party Site or Third Party Content.
Nothing on Edamam’s Site or Services should be taken as medical information or advice
- You understand the Site and the Services do not provide for the transmittal or exchange of medical information or advice.
- You understand and affirm that you will not use the Site and the Services for information or advice on such topics.
- THE INFORMATION PROVIDED THORUGH THE SITE AND THE SERVICES IS PROVIDED FOR EDUCATIONAL AND ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY, AND IS IN NO WAY INTENDED TO DIAGNOSE, CURE, OR TREAT ANY MEDICAL, DIETARY, FOOD ALLERGY, OR OTHER CONDITION. IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMEND TO ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A QUALIFIED AND LICENSED PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH PROVIDER PRIOR TO STARTING ANY NEW DIET AND ASK SUCH HEALTH PROVIDER OR PHYSICIAN ANY AND ALL QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE REGARDING A MEDICAL CONDITION OR FOOD ALLERGY. IN ADDITION TO ALL OTHER LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMERS IN THIS AGREEMENT, EDAMAM AND ITS THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY OR LOSS IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTENT PROVIDED VIA THE SITE AND THE SERVICES.
Information and press releases may not be updated
The Site and the Services contain information and press releases about us. While this information was believed to be accurate as of the date prepared, we disclaim any duty or obligation to update this information or any press releases. Information about companies other than ours contained in the press release or otherwise, should not be relied upon as being provided or endorsed by us.
Edamam’s liability is limited
- Edamam is not responsible for any Third Party Sites, Third Party Content, or any other content posted on the Site and the Services, whether caused by users of the Site and the Services, Edamam, third parties or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Site and the Services.
- Edamam is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of the Site or the Services.
- Edamam assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, user communications.
- Edamam is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, cellular data provider or network, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Services or Site, including injury or damage to users or to any other person's computer, and/or mobile device.
- Neither Edamam nor any of its affiliates, advertisers, promoters or distribution partners shall be responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from anyone's use of the Site or the Services, any content posted on the Site or the Services or transmitted to users, or any interactions between users of the Site or the Services, whether online or offline.
WE TRY TO KEEP THE SITE AND SERVICES UP, BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE INFORMATION FROM OR THROUGH THE SITE AND THE SERVICES IS PROVIDED "AS IS," "AS AVAILABLE," AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED. THE INFORMATION, SITE AND THE SERVICES MAY CONTAIN VIRUSES, BUGS, ERRORS, PROBLEMS OR OTHER LIMITATIONS. IN NO EVENT WILL EDAMAM OR ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAVE ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR YOUR USE OF ANY INFORMATION OR SERVICE, OR THE SITE. WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF PROFITS, LITIGATION, OR THE LIKE), WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US THROUGH THE SITE/SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT.
EDAMAM’S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO US FOR THE SERVICE AND USE OF THE SITE, BUT IN NO CASE WILL OUR LIABILITY TO YOU EXCEED $50. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IF NO FEES ARE PAID TO US FOR THE SITE AND THE SERVICES, YOU SHALL BE LIMITED TO INJUNCTIVE RELIEF ONLY, UNLESS OTHERWISE PERMITTED BY LAW, AND SHALL NOT BE ENTITLED TO DAMAGES OF ANY KIND FROM US, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, WHICH STATES, IN PART: "A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR".
You agree to indemnify Edamam
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Edamam, its contractors, licensors, subsidiaries and affiliates and their respective partners, directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including any and all losses, costs, liabilities, and attorneys' fees, arising out of or in connection with: (1) your use of the Site and Services, (2) any user Content, Third Party Content, Third Party Sites and any other content, (3) your violation of this Agreement, or of any law or the rights of any third party, and (4) your breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth herein.
You agree that New York law applies to this Agreement
Subject to the arbitration clauses included below, if there is any dispute arising out of the Site and the Services, by using the Site, you expressly agree that any such dispute shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, without regard to its conflict of law provisions, and you expressly agree and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts of the State of New York, in New York County, for the resolution of any such dispute.
Your general representation and warranty
- You represent and warrant that:
- You will use the Site and the Services so not to infringe or misappropriate the intellectual property rights of any third party.
No relationship with Apple Inc. or Google, Inc.
- You understand that Edamam is not affiliated with Apple, Inc. or Google, Inc.
- You understand that by using or accessing the Services through devices made by Apple, Inc. ("Apple"), or through any devices using the Android operating system by Google (“Google”):
- This Agreement is between Edamam and you only and that neither Apple nor Google are parties to this Agreement.
- Google and Apple and their subsidiaries are third party beneficiaries of this Agreement and may have the right to enforce this Agreement against you.
- Nothing contained herein shall impose upon Google or Apple any obligation to furnish any maintenance services or support services in connection with the Services or in any other way whatsoever in connection with the functionality (or lack thereof) or content of the Services.
- Apple nor Google shall assume any responsibility nor liability for addressing any claims by you or a third party relating to the Services or your use of the Services.
- You and Edamam agree that any cause of action arising out of or related to the Site or the Services must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action arose; otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred.
- You agree that, except for claims for injunctive or equitable relief or claims regarding intellectual property rights (which may be brought in any competent court without the posting of a bond), any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled in accordance with the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service, Inc. (”JAMS”) by arbitrators appointed in accordance with such rules.
- You agree any arbitration shall take place in New York, New York in the English language and the arbitral decision may be enforced in any court. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys' fees.
- If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties' original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect.
- A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof.
- Edamam may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition.
- This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns. The headings of the paragraphs of this Agreement are inserted for convenience only and shall not be deemed to constitute part of this Agreement or to affect the construction thereof.